A good moist muffin is another quick and healthy choice of finger food for your little one and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Preparation time 10 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes
Choice of fruits e.g banana ~ 2-3 ripe ones, blueberries (1 cup), apple puree (1cup), zest of 2 x lemons + 1/3 cup of poppy seeds
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 cup natural greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups self rising wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Optional (dry ingredients)
1 tsp chai seed
1 tsp flaxseed
1 tsp cacoa powder
- Preheat the oven at 180 C°
- Whisk all the wet ingredients together
- Combine all the dry ingredients together
- Add the mixture of dry ingredient to the mixture of wet ingredients. Gently fold to combine
- Add your choice of the selected fruit
- Transfer the mixture into the muffin based. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- If you have a fussy husband like mine who doesn’t like certain fruit e.g, berries. I would add the berries after the mixture has been transferred into the muffin bases.
- I would either use a silicone muffin tray or muffins liners to save time in washing up.