Harvey loves learning about the Planets and the Earth’s continents.
When he quickly mastered the continents of the world, we thought we’d introduce him to the planets. What is a better way to do that than actually create the planets ourselves. It was a simple one hour activity for the whole family, fun and not to mention educational 🙂
- 2 x A3 size paper for space (we chose black)
- Different coloured paper
- Different size of drinking glasses (or round things) to create different circles
- Child safe glue / glue stick etc..
- Sticky tape
- Daddy (or Diddy as he calls him) had Harvey started off by cutting different sizes of circle using the rim of glasses
- Meanwhile Mumma joined the 2 x A3 papers together to form the outer space of our solar system.
- Once we had all the circles/planets ready, it was time to get dirty and glue them down to our space.
- We gave Saturn a ring by cutting one from paper
- Once we had all the planets down it was glittere time!